Why is Building Business Value Crucial?
Many business owners evaluate their business success primarily in terms of revenues, holding the belief that increasing revenues automatically increases value. While revenues have an impact, it’s nowhere near the whole story.
Most business owners learn this too late, when they are seeking to be acquired, to merge or transfer their business to family. Some business owners even learn that revenue isn’t everything when it comes to attracting top talent.
There are tangible and intangible assets in a business, and savvy entrepreneurs, the ones who are rewarded with high valuations from business buyers (and banks) alike, see the value of both.
- Cash Equivalents
- Accounts Receivable
- Stock Inventory
- Short-Term Investments
- Computer Equipment
- Brand Recognition
- Business Methodologies
But more than that, the difference between a good company and a great company is defined by how well the business can run without the founder or current owners. When a business operation has excellent tangible and intangible assets and it is transferable, that business is both deeply respected and highly valued in the market.
What we do better than anybody else
We don’t just help you increase the value of your business NOW, we help you increase its potential transferable value.
- Overlooking market opportunities and industry trends.
- Resistance to change that’s crucial to growth in a fast moving economy.
- Ineffective sales process.
- Poor client retention.
- Disengaged employees.
- Inadequate management.
- Not supporting the talents and goals of employees, resulting in high turnover.
- Unable to attract or retain top talent.
- Over control and lack of delegation.
- Poor customer service, bad reviews or compromised reputation
- Under-utilizing technology resulting in slow processes and systems.
- Billing and collections issues resulting in past due invoices and poor cash flow.
- Manufacturing and supply chain issues which impact productivity and profits.
- Too much inventory or under-utilized assets.
- Poor tax strategies or financial planning.
- No KPI’s
- Reliance on just a few key customers or vendors.
- Not paying attention to key data.
How We Help
Whether you are a business that is Growing or preparing to Exit, we can help you build value.
We help business owners significantly increase the value of their business through a thorough and detailed assessment, followed by a step-by-step plan, which can include overseeing implementation of the plan.